Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Why?: All I have to say is "woah"


Why? is something of a genre on it's own. I don't even know what to call it. They are considered Indie rock, so I'll list them in that section. Other genres they're listed in is New Wave, Alternative Hip-hop, and folk rock.

With stand alone floor toms and ride symbols, Why? is originally themselves. Why? also uses xylophones, marimbas, and marching bass drums(I know, weird right?!). With a monotonous oldschool emo vocalist, Yoni Wolf makes random yet melodic lyrics that no-one else could. With each member playing various instruments in each song, there is always a lot going on then you would of expected. Watching videos of them live let's you see what I'm talking about.

Some people hate, and I mean HATE, Why?. Some aren't very in tune with their style, which is perfectly normal, because they're pretty out of this work and different.

Check out:
Fatalist Palmistry
A Sky for Shoeing Horses Under
The Hollows
The Vowels Pt. 2
These Presidents
Eskimo Snow

Why?'s song A Sky for Shoeing Horses Under:

No comments:

Post a Comment