Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Metal bands it's cool for your girlfriend to like.

As you may or may not be aware of. Metal is usually something women avoid. Somethings I understand and some things I don't. The main reason (which is the worst reason of all) is they complain about not being able to hear the lyrics. For some reason girls need to have lyrics for it to be good. I see the vocals as just another instrument.

Also I think the manlyness factor is a bit overwhelming for a good tone of them. I mean it is the most manly music of all time no matter what. And we are manly men who listen to it. Some women don't like our long haired bearded manlyness. I also dont understand why.

But there is a rising trend in metal that angers most of the long haired men who include themselves in the genre. The cores. Excluding Grindcore all the cores are bastardized crap. In deathcore they dress like gangsters and have short hair(heresy). In metalcore it is 99% emo poser metal. The other non emo bands just suck. But I have seen women attracted to this genre. Why?

So here are some bands approved to be trv and kvlt(complete sarcasm) by myself. These bands also seem to get the babes.

This band, love em or hate em. The Black Dahlia Murder do not play deathcore. They sound much different to the carbon clones of each other that consist in the genre. This is the main band I credit with getting me into metal. The first metal CD I bought was one of theirs. But the most important part is. Women dig them. I see girls with Black Dahlia shirts all the time. But do I ever see a girl with a Pig Destroyer shirt? No never.

Another first metal band for myself. They are considered a pioneer of deathcore. But what sets them and Despised Icon apart is the sea of breakdowns that Despised Icon uses and the technical playing of the Red Chord. Women like this band too. I think its because the singer is probably the largest person I have ever seen. Because you know. That matters to them.

Between The Buried And Me are a god-tier band. They play the greatest form of modern progressive music. They have their metalcore elements( the breakdowns and vocals). But I am not against break downs when used tastefully. One or two in a 14 minute song filled with phenomenal guitar, bass and drum playing is cool. Women really like this band and for good reason too. I do despise early BTBAM however.

One of Nick's favorites. I haven't got into them yet but I probably will eventually with the infinite space on my hard drive. Once again women love core influenced progressive metal bands.

Mastodon is a band I like a lot. They are another progressive band that borders on sludge. Three out of four members approves of beards. That is a good sign. This is also the only (almost) sludge band a woman can possibly like. Unless she is a god-tier woman. If they say anything else they are generally lying.

There is more bands they like. But I do not approve of most of them so they don't count. Also a big thank you to fellow author Christian for taking busy time off to make this blog look beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. I have only met like three women who enjoy the old metal, the real metal.

    ReplyDelete