Monday, August 9, 2010

Modern Hardcore

Now I do not consider myself a authority of the genre. But there is something I must address. MOST OF IT SUCKS! I mean hell there is a few great band, and I bet there is loads more but all this popular sceney stuff angers me. And tough guy hardcore can be almost as bad. It is extremely repetitive with breakdowns and stuff. Hardcore fans probably think my favorite ones in the genre are lame but what ever there is only four bands.

1. Cancer Bats,
Woah, this Canadian act is awesome in how metal they are. I like metal and thats awesome. They also seem to be southern. But they arent, interesting. Whatever they are good and not filled with breakdowns. I would enjoy seeing them live.



2. Alexisonfire
Wow another generic one! This band is pretty melodic for the genre. The clean vocals are fantastic in my opinion. Another from Canada, it appears good music comes from there.



3. HORSE the Band
Oh my lord. This band is fantastic, Definitely my second favorite one. They write the most catchiest songs that dont suck! I would be extremely interested in seeing them live if they came to my town.

4. Gallows
Easily my favorite modern hardcore band. I met three of the guys about a year ago at Warped Tour. The best band there by far. There shows are so intense between them jumping into the crowd. The singer getting in fights with audience members and much more. One of my favorite bands.

This was meant to be a short post about my feelings on the genre. Show me some good hardcore bands please. I love hardcore influenced music like sludge. I also love '80s hardcore punk.

1 comment:

  1. listen to the bands pg 99 orchid touche amore and la dispute

    ReplyDelete