Sunday, October 24, 2010

Folk Punk

Well, I have internet for now, I ordered a new computer got it. AND IT WONT TURN ON! I tried dealing with the infernal contraption known as automated customer service, no thanks. If I have to I will pursue it. But Id rather have my friends dad just figure out what is wrong with it.

But anyways I moved my router into another room and what do you know? The internet works again! So Im here to write something almost interesting for you to read. I guess Ill write about some music. You know maybe a post on Folk Punk. Yes that is what I am going to do.



I chose that image because I have never seen it before and it really gives you the just of the genre. Folk Punk is about loving each other and anarchy. Whats better than that? The DIY ethic is what drives this movement through creating there own shows and festivals. There is a lot of local talent in Phoenix within this genre.


This band, Andrew Jackson Jihad is by far the most prominent Phoenix band. I have listened to this band more than almost any other band. If only my Last.FM scrobbled correctly. If you havent heard of them you are missing out greatly, its also fairly easy to obtain their music unlike a lot of others.

Other talent,

Travis James,

Haymarket Squares,

Hail Seizures,

Defiance Ohio,

Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains,

Ghost Mice,



No comments:

Post a Comment