Monday, September 13, 2010

Legitly HxC


Japanese band Boris are the greatest band in the universe for the history of forever. Regardless of your opinion. They are better than what you currently listen to. Why? Because I said so and my opinion is more important than yours. I like all of Boris' many albums but my favorite is Amplifier Worship. Now this is one of the only Hardcore releases by Boris. The other being on Vein. But this is mixed with some sludge and droney influences. While Vein pretty much lacks all of that and is pure crust (except for the Drone side).

Anyways, Amplifier Worship blew me away when I first heard it. It started out like a Boris would start out. Droning. Then the hardcore vocals kick in. I have never heard Boris use hardcore vocals before this. Stoner rock and sludge riffs blaze on through the record while they things I really dont understand in Japanese. But lyrics dont matter anyways. But it seems in every track (there is only five tracks approximately 10 minuites in length on all of them) the guitar clears momentarily and the bass and drums keep pounding on. Never changing. Except when they add the flanger on the bass. Thats the best part of the entire album. Like really that flanger comes out of nowhere and you are like "WOAH BRO AM I TRIPPIN OR IS DAT A FLANGER?!?!?" It is indeed a flanger.

Now this album must be heard in its entirety like all of Boris' work. But you really need every single thing they have done. I dont care if it takes up half your MP3 player.

No comments:

Post a Comment