Wednesday, August 25, 2010

CYNIC! Need I say more?

Well, Cynics masterpiece Focus has been out for quite some time. Its almost twenty years old! And if you haven't heard it. I am deeply ashamed of you. Come again if you haven't heard of Cynic at all just leave music. FOREVER.

There it is, bask in all of it's glory. The album artwork is awesome, I mean I think its some alien bug. But who knows that it really is? Its just awesome. But the artwork just so happens to be the worst part of the album. Because the music is beautiful. Veil of Maya is one of the greatest songs I have ever heard. Progressive/death metal/jazz-fusion is probably the coolest genre ever. Unless of course you are Nick and you cant like anything that isn't Led Zeppelin.

I saw Cynic a few months back with Devin Townsend and Between the Buried and Me. Both of which I liked a lot. But I never really listened to Cynic. Needless to say I was impressed. The rest of the BTBAM fans, it didnt seem so. There was even some boos throne at them. Why? Because those fans enjoy metalcore and deathcore. Cynic just simply wasn't brutal enough for them. Even though its still pretty freaken brutal. Unless the only thing you like is fitting 5 breakdowns in a three and a half minute song.

But that is their problem, because they are what is wrong with modern metal anyways. Just like Nu-metal and Hair Metal before them.

You need this album, It is an essential to everything. Their latest traced in air is also very good. Keep on listening Comrades.

No comments:

Post a Comment